Self-test questions on family government and conscience
Part ONE, Section I, Chapter 4 of God Betrayed
Give as many Bible verses (where appropriate), comments, and explanations as you can to support your answers. Click here to review “Biblical Teaching on Family Government and Conscience.”
- Prior to the fall, who ruled over the other, the husband or the wife?
- After the fall, what was the next type of government established by God?
- After the fall, what did God say to the woman concerning leadership?
- What does the Bible about leadership in the family?
- Who are to lead and care for the children?
- Where is man to satisfy his sexual desire?
- Who is responsible for educating children and what is to be the basis of that education?
- After the fall and before the flood, what was man directed by?
- What is conscience?
- What was one’s conscience controlled by after the fall and before the flood?
- After man ate of the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil (after the fall), how did man change? What do dispensationalists call the resulting economy?
- Did the Holy Spirit strive with man during the days before the flood?
- After the fall and before the flood, during the dispensation of conscience, through what was man responsible to God?
- What type of sacrifice was acceptable to God at that time?
- Name as many who properly responded at that time as you can.
- Briefly recount the story of Cain and Abel.
- When did murder come on the scene?
- Did God allow civil government between the fall and the flood? Briefly explain.
- At the flood, what did God delegate to man? Why?
- Has any nation ever ruled under God for any extended length of time?