Self-exam questions: God judges nations
Part ONE, Section I, Chapter 10 of God Betrayed
Give as many Bible verses (where appropriate), comments, and explanations as you can to support your answers. Click here to review “God Judges Nations.”
- Does God judge nations?
2.Did God warn Israel and Judah that he was going to judge them if they did not keep His commandments and His statutes, before he used __________________ and _______________ to take them into captivity?
- Did He warn them in advance of exactly what he was going to do (See, e.g., Je. 25.11)?
- Of what did God’s prophets repeatedly warn the Jews?. As you read the Old Testament, make note of the many relevant prophecies of warning to Israel. Review those given in the lesson.
- Does God judge Gentile nations?
- Who gave Gentile nations their authority (Da. 2.37-40)? Who will hold Gentile nations to account? As you read the Old Testament, make note of the many relevant scriptures which deal with these matters. Review those given in the lesson.
- What is the test for a Gentile nation?
- According to ___________ and ___________ evidence and __________ __________, what has happened to Gentile nations who bless Israel? What happens to a nation who “curses” the nation Israel?
- What is the meaning of the “times of the Gentiles?”
- When did “times of the Gentiles begin? Since that beginning who has Jerusalem been ruled by?
- Only a _____________ returned to Israel after seventy years in captivity. That ____________ remained until ________________ was destroyed and the Jews were ____________ throughout all nations.
- What did Christ foretell concerning the future of Israel and Jerusalem (see Lu. 21.24)?
- The whole world system, made up of the Gentile nations after the dispersion of the Jews, fell into and will remain in _________________ until the Lord returns.
- In the prophets “Babylon,” when not referring to the city [as in Is. 13], is used symbolically to denote the ______________________________________________________________.
- Who will conquer the nations with a crushing blow (Da. 2.45, Da. 7.9-11; Re. 19.11-21), and set up His kingdom?
- Ultimately, ____________ will return and gather the nation Israel, from all nations where He has scattered them, and bring them into the land He has given them.
- What nation is referred to in the Bible as the “the apple of the eye of the Lord of hosts.”
- Christ will establish His kingdom by ________________, not persuasion.
- Christ will establish His kingdom after the divine ____________ upon the ___________ world powers.
- In addition to His treatment of Israel at His return, Christ will ______________ the present political world-system (Da. 2.34, 35; Re. 19.11-21) and _____________ the nations (Jl. 3.1-8; Mt. 25.31-46). Then there will follow world-wide Gentile _______________ and ________________ in the blessings of the kingdom.
- God will use _________________ to “break in pieces the nations” (See Je. 51.19-23).
- The order of events [of the last days] is:
“(1) We are now at the ___________ of the times of the Gentiles. The end began in _______ when ____________ became a nation.
- What nation was born in one day?
24.What scripture recorded the prophecy that a nation would be born in a day?
- In what or whom did the Jews trust in their return to the land in 1948?
- Without the Holy Spirit the Jews are nothing but __________________ (Eze. 37.1-14).
- At this time, Israel is returning to the land in _____________.
- ‘Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summerisnigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away’ (Mt. 24.32-35). The fig tree is _______________ (Jud. 9.11; Jl. 1.7; Mt. 21.18-19).”
- Israel will be invaded by ________________ and ________________ allies – ___________ (Rosh), _________________ (Moscow-Eastern Capitol), _______________ –(Western Capitol), __________ – (Iran), ________________, __________________, _______________ (Southern Russia), ________________ (Eze. 38-39). This alliance includes ___________, ________________ (Persia) and their Moslem allies. These nations will be miraculously defeated by _____________.
- The invasion of Palestine by Gentile world powers will be headed up under the ________________ and _______________ ________________.
- The destruction of the invaders will be by the _______________’s army.
- After the above events Judah will ______________ in the land.
- The answer of Jehovah to the repentence will be the pouring out of the ________________.
- Then the Lord will return in _____________ and ________________ by the regathering of ____________________ and the judgment of the _____________________.
- Finally will come ____________ and permanent _________________ blessing.