(9 questions with answers at the end)
Click here to go to the Introductory Post (Has links to all lessons)
Added on March 20, 2017
Answers at the end, following the questions
Those who disagree with anything please see the note at the end. Reasoned dialogue is encouraged and any Bible or fact based comments, if made in a Christian manner in an attempt to get to the truth will be considered.
- In what verse(s) does the Bible record the out calling of the church?
- Please quote the verse(s) referred to in question 1.
- Those verses (in the prior 2 questions) record the words of whom?
- What New Testament writer explains, as inspired by the Holy Spirit, how, when, or of what materials, that church would be built?
- What New Testament writer, as inspired by the Holy Spirit, explains what should be the position, relationships, privileges, and duties of that church?
- Where is the doctrine of the church developed?
a. The book of Jude.
b. The writings of Luke.
c. The writings of John.
d. The Epistles of Paul.
- What Epistles present a composite picture of the Christ, the church, the Christian life, and the interrelationship and functioning of all?
a. Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Philemon
b. Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, Philemon (the prison epistles)
c. Galatians, Philippians, Colossians, Titus
d. Ephesians, Colossians, 1 Timothy, Philemon
- The epistle to the Ephesians is written to the church at _________________.
- The church, as an institution is made up of _____________, autonomous, _______________ bodies.
1. Matthew 16.18.
2. Matthew 16:18-19: “18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”
4. d. Paul, in his Epistles. In his letters to seven Gentile churches (in Rome, Corinth, Galatia, Ephesus, Philippi, Colosse, and Thessalonica).
5. d. Paul, in his Epistles. In his letters to seven Gentile churches (in Rome, Corinth, Galatia, Ephesus, Philippi, Colosse, and Thessalonica).
6. d. The Epistles of Paul.
7. b. Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, Philemon (the prison epistles)
8. The epistle to the Ephesians is written to the church at Ephesus.
9. The church, as an institution is made up of local, autonomous, spiritual bodies.
Should you disagree with an answer given, please explain why you disagree in the comment section below the article. All reasoned comments will be published, perhaps with reply. The purpose of this website is the Glory of God. God cannot be glorified by shutting out honest disagreement in the search for truth. The author would be interested in your explanation. The comments are required by the website to be approved or disapproved. The author is very busy with many matters and may or may not immediately notice your comment. He will address it as soon as he notices it. He almost always approves comments presented with a godly spirit. He never alters comments. Sometimes, he replies to comments.